Friday, January 29, 2010

OH NO; Snow and 162 to go

I've been trying to get my workouts worked in early, but nothing about my body would get up this morning. So I did the responsible thing... and took my workout clothes to work with the intention of going to the Y afterwards. But the weatherman has got this town on high alert - you can't get a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk or an egg for miles. If we get snowed in, there'll be French toast for days. 3:00 p.m. almost time to go. 3:15 p.m. the bell rings. 3:30 p.m. where is everybody? The parking lot is bone dry. Maybe this weather thing is serious. I piddle around and finally leave at 4:00 p.m. Gray skies, but not a flake - so I do the right thing and hit the Y; the elliptical machine is my new best friend. Today is just about me and the shuffle on my iPod. Me and Miles and Dave Matthews and Mama's Pearl and some songs I didn't realize that I had downloaded. Am I the only person losing their fortune $1.29 at a time? Well, I came; I worked out; and I feel good. Now if I'm snowed in tomorrow - that's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment