Wednesday, January 27, 2010

164 days to go

"Look Away, look away"

I was warned, in what is now a new Marshallism to 'look away'.  I was just having dinner and a chance to catch up with some friends, but before I could suck down all the salsa and chips I could eat, I would be agreeing to some time-sucking (and in my case wind-sucking) goals.  I was supposed to be looking away at participating in a mini-sprint triathlon.  Yeah, I know - what the hell am I thinking?  And here begins the journey to check off another of my top 10 things to do before I die.  Forget sky-diving... this one might actually kill me!  At all my glorious poundage I am embarking into this triathlon in hopes of losing some weight, getting healthier and hopefully getting off some of these meds that seemed to help me gain 25 lbs in about 18 months. Meds, surgery and all that food I kept eating.  Wow, if you need a formula for gaining it... I got it... something to do with putting M&M's in my popcorn perhaps?

I've agreed to tri it - It being, 250 yards of swimming, nine miles of biking, and two miles of flop-sweat, ah um, I mean two miles of running [or the way I do it, walking really, really fast].  Thankfully, I have company: Natalie (cheerleader/torturer/never-eating-Mexican-with-her-again), Judy and Terri.  We've mapped out a starting point... Wednesday workouts to run [or the way I do it,walk really, really fast] or bike once the weather turns.  I'm very excited... excited enough to blog about it.  After all, I'm the official countdown queen of our adventure [seriously, counting I can handle]. 

Come by and read the blog [go ahead and subscribe - I may be more incline to post and stick to my tri-routines if I fear someone may actually follow]. 
Exercise:  Yeah
Food Choices: Nay
Swim: 0 yards
Bike: 1 spin class
Run: 5 or 6 times around the track [there was some black out & a boatload of heavy breathing]

No comments:

Post a Comment