Monday, April 19, 2010

82 Days to Go...In Gear & Ready to Go.

Oh man, this is real. Time is fleeting.  The triathlon is merely 82 scant days away.
Oh my.
I finally got out on the open road.  Yesterday, a nice post-church trip to the Kelly-Ellis' and a look inside the Monster Bike Garage.  No tattoos required.  My dusty little hybrid [another gray hybrid in my life] Trek got a nice little once over.  Wash, dry and two-wheel shampoo - of course we had a little oil spill, but no animals were harmed [both Sadie & Jasper were inside and unable to get down and greasy!].  Spokes were poked, and seats were set and adjusted.  I was all ready to take my 7 gears on the open road.  Let's see if months of early a.m. cycle class will pay off.
Threw the bikes on the back of the pick-up and off to Lake Norman Park.  We drove the distance to measure... about 3.5 miles one way.  Uhm, I don't think I'm ready for that... but for some reason, I forget that you can't look Natalie in the eyes... "look away, look away".  Once you make that eye contact, you're committed to 7 miles on your 'day off'.  Well I hauled all of me on the bike, and don't you know, I got through the complete ride without breaking a sweat.  Well, okay, when some dogs came out of nowhere, hell, I was all about hustle.  I'm not scared of dogs as much as I'm scared of dog bites.  I think I'm allergic.
It was a lovely ride and not nearly as hard as I thought.  Speaking of allergies - when did I get them?  Sneezy, watery, icky feeling.  I don't like them and I'd like a return, thank you.
Oh that's me... in gear and ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. I was completely confident you would be able to ride the 7 miles and if you were not pressed for time, 14 miles would have been on our agenda...next time!

    Proud of you! Don't look away!

    ReplyDelete