Wednesday, July 14, 2010

When all is said and done

Well, it's all over but the aching and soreness.

It took one hour, forty-six minutes and twelve seconds to cross the finish line, but I managed to do it.  It wasn't pretty [I wore the the tri-suit!]  but I DID IT!  Now a normal person would be all... "oh, I feel good about having reached a goal", "I'm so happy I did it", "It was a fun".  But it's been years since I've been normal.  So, I'm getting ready to do the last part of the triathlon ... the run [or the walk - because after my creative splashing and suck-wind cycling - the only thing these 200+ pounds were capable of was walking], anyway, instead of concentrating of finishing, I'm already thinking about what I'll do differently for the next triathlon?!!>?@#

Not normal.

Well on that list:
1.  Actually learn how to swim.  I had planned on taking lessons.  The local Y took my money, but unfortunately they never had the necessary minimum number of adult participates to hold a swim class.  You evidently need at least two people.
2. No cross country trips in the weeks leading up to the race.  Even though I did a couple of workouts while away, jet lag hit me hard - three days after I returned.  Who knew?
3. Lift a weight or two.  I let my upper/lower body routines slide way back.  I think it would have helped.  I could have came in placed in the top 200, instead of the bottom 20.
4. Less time falling off my bike in training.  Enough said.
5. Kept up with my blog... believe it or not, knowing I would have to write something motivated me to workout.  I also was motivated by your positive feedback.  See what I just did there?  Now you're obliged to write a comment. Hell, if I can do a mini-sprint triathlon, surely you can write a comment.  lazy ass.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,
    Am I a lazy ass if I am this slow reading and posting a comment?

    You are an amazing woman. Maybe one day I will grow up to be like you. Your focus, drive and dedication to training and preparing for this event was impressive. Marshall said he wouldn't miss this race for the world. He had to cheer us on.

    Can't wait to see how this next year unfolds for you. Hope the knee is healing.

    Your crazy friend! ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete